Texas Tech Football over OU 51-48
• Today marked the 30th all-time meeting between Texas Tech and Oklahoma and it was the 27th-straight season the two have met.
• Texas Tech wore black helmets, red jerseys and black pants against Oklahoma.
• Today’s game captains were Adrain Frye, Krishon Merriweather, Jaylon Hutchings and Tyler Shough.
• OU won the coin toss and elected to defer to the second half. Tech started with the ball. Tech has lost the coin toss in 9-of-12 games.
TEXAS TECH’S WIN…
• Gives Texas Tech a 7-5 overall record in 2022.
• Gives Texas Tech a 6-1 record in home games in 2022.
• Gives Texas Tech a 5-1 record against unranked opponents in 2022.
• Gives Texas Tech a 5-4 record in Big 12 games in 2022.
• Gives Texas Tech a 5-8 all-time record in home games against Oklahoma in Big 12 competition.
• Gives Texas Tech its first win against Oklahoma since topping the Sooners, 41-38, on Oct. 22, 2011. Snapping a 10-game losing steak.
• Gives Texas Tech a 4-3 all-time record against unranked Oklahoma teams. Today snapped an 11-year streak of facing a Top 25 OU team.
TEXAS TECH’S TEAM NOTES
• Today’s win marks the first season in program history that Texas Tech defeated Texas and Oklahoma in the same season.
• Today’s win guarantees Tech’s first winning record (above. 500) in Big 12 play (5-4) since the 2009 season (5-3).
• Today’s victory gives Texas Tech three-straight wins to close the regular season for the first time since 1995.
• Today’s victory marks Texas Tech’s third in a row. Its longest win streak in Big 12 play since winning four-straight in 2013.
• With a 5-4 record in Big 12 play, it marks the first time a first year Texas Tech head coach had a winning conference record since 1986.
• Tech’s 23-point second quarter was the highest scoring quarter against a Big 12 team since scoring 24 in the fourth quarter vs. Texas in 2018.
• Today’s victory marks the Red Raiders’ 25th double-digit come-from-behind win since 2000. It was the second of the 2022 season, joining
the 14 deficit the Red Raiders faced against Texas on Sept. 22.
• Trailing by 18 points, Texas Tech rallied to win, marking its largest come-from-behind victory all-time in the series against Oklahoma. It
marked the largest come-from-behind win overall for the Red Raiders since fighting back from a 20-point deficit to defeat Kansas, 45-34,
on Oct. 1, 2011, in Lawrence.
• Texas Tech is now 3-0 in overtime games in 2022, marking its most overtime wins in a season in program history. It is only the second time
in school history that the Red Raiders have played three or more overtime games in a season as the 2012 team was 2-1 in overtime.
• Texas Tech’s three overtime victories this season lead all FBS programs through this weekend’s games.
• Tech was picked ninth in the 2022 Big 12 preseason poll, and finished alone in fourth after defeating Oklahoma.
• Since the 2011 season when the Big 12 went to a 10-team format with no divisions, the Red Raiders’ 2022 fourth place finish is its best.
• The average attendance for the 2022 season was 57,149 over seven games; the best average attendance mark since 2016 (58,250).
• Tech’s sixth home win matches the 2009 season for the most wins at Jones AT&T Stadium when Tech finished 6-1 that season at home.
NOTING THE RED RAIDERS | OFFENSE
• Tyler Shough set a career-high for passing yardage with 436 yards as well as a career-high 31 completions and 50 pass attempts. It was his
fourth career 300-yard or better passing game and third at Tech. He moves to 7-1 when starting for Texas Tech.
• Donovan Smith is only the fourth Red Raider since 2000 and the first quarterback during that span to throw a touchdown, rush for a
touchdown and catch a touchdown all in the same season. He joins the likes of Eric Stephens (2012), Kenny Williams (2013) and Jakeem
Grant (2015) as the only other Red Raiders to do so over the past 20-plus years.
• Nose tackle Jaylon Hutchings scored a rushing touchdown. The last rush recorded by a Texas Tech defensive lineman was in 2002 by Aaron
Hunt – a five-yard rush from the TTU35 versus Clemson.
• Jerand Bradley’s 173 yards receiving was the most by a Texas Tech freshman since Michael Crabtree had 195 on Nov. 10, 2007, at Texas. It
was the third career 100-yard recieving game for Bradley (each this season).
• SaRodorick Thompson recorded his 12th multi-touchdown game of his career, but first of the 2022 season. It was his first multi-touchdown
game since facing Kansas State on Oct. 23, 2021 when he scored twice.
NOTING THE RED RAIDERS | DEFENSE
• In its seven wins, Texas Tech has 11 of its 13 takeaways, which included one tonight (Dadrion Taylor-Demerson’s second INT in 2022).
• Tech grew its team TFL count to 83 for the season with eight on Saturday. The Red Raiders are two TFLs from having the most team TFLs
since 2000 if they best 84 TFLs posted in both the 2009 and 2013 seasons.
• Kosi Eldrige registered a career-high 14 tackles and finished the regular season with 82.
• Krishon Merriweather’s seven tackles give him 103. He becomes the 10th Red Raider in the last 20 years to eclipse 100 tackles.
NOTING THE RED RAIDERS | SPECIAL TEAMS
• Trey Wolff finished 3-for-3 on field goals. He hit the 35-yard game-winner in overtime; his second game-winning FG this season (Texas). He
finished the regular season 18-for-21; the 18 makes are tied for the third-most in a single season by a Red Raider